The New Milford Library has offerred free wireless Internet access for use with your laptop computer for many years now.
However, we have changed our provider and so now it is no longer necessary to enter your library card number to access this service. There is also no longer an introductory or splash page. Just connect to one of our access points: New Milford Public Library or Memorial Hall and start surfing!
We have also tried to better accommodate the increasing number of our patrons who have laptops and need the free wi-fi service. Therefore, you will see our new Laptop Stations sections in the Adult Reference area and on the mezzanine. We now have 13 additional, individual tables each with their own electrical outlet to plug into! There are 7 downstairs and 6 more upstairs.
We hope these changes will make your wi-fi experience more enjoyable and more useful.
· The wireless Internet access here at the Library is free.
· You will need a laptop computer with 802.11b or 802.11g wireless networking.
· Any patron information collected (i.e. library barcode) by the wireless provider will be deleted after 24 hours.
· The wireless access in the Library is widely available (i.e. in the general adult reference area, the fiction section of the Library, the mezzanine, the Junior Library and the Connecticut Room), however you may encounter some "dead" spots in the library where wireless reception may be limited. If you have trouble accessing the Internet or staying online please move to a different location within the library.
· Internet access via a wireless connection from your own computer is not filtered, however as the use of your computer is in a public area, we ask that you follow our Internet Use Policy posted near our public PCs. This policy states the limitations of internet access, your responsibilities for using that access, and provides examples of acceptable and unacceptable uses.
· The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent to and from your laptop may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
· Library staff is not able to provice technical assistance and no guarantee can be made that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
· The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device configurations, security, or data file resulting from connection to the Library's wireless access.